Pages

Saturday 4 October 2014

Finally Here!!



We're coming up on the end of our first week here. Sorry I didn't post sooner but we just got the internet installed, and let me tell you, country internet options are limited, expensive, and really quite mediocre - but it's just the first sacrifice we're willing to make to be out here. And being out here is far from mediocre!

We moved in to find one less chicken that we expected, and another that was very very sick. She didn't last the night. But since then the rest of the ladies have stepped up and rewarded us with 8-9 beautiful and delicious eggs a day. I am seeing a few drawbacks to the current coop set up that I plan on rectifying over the winter or possibly in the spring.

The property itself is everything we wanted. It's large, private, picturesque and already has several large gardens ready to be turned over for the fall. I've found a source of pallets right across from where I work where I can nab 4 good pallets every day for use in our gardens and other projects.

The house also suits all our needs. We're really liking the layout and there is an awesome room in the basement I've converted into a pantry that I can't wait to start stocking with next seasons produce!

Anyway, this is just a short and sweet little blog to say we've made it, we're settling in, and we're very happy and very excited to be here.

So without further ado here's Lil Acre...











And her ladies...














And the yummy fruits of our labours...


0 comments:

Post a Comment