Pages

Saturday 18 October 2014


Just got back from a week long moose hunting trip up past Hearst Ontario. While I learned a lot, met some pretty good guys, and had a good time we unfortunately came back empty handed.

I'm glad to see that, although she is exhausted, Karen was able to keep up on all the farm chores and with Lily on her own the whole time. I know she's superwoman but it gives me some hope that I'll be able to keep up by myself should I ever have to...and I'm super pumped about how well the ISA Browns have inserted themselves into the flock and helped bring up our dropping egg production.

We still have a lot to do before winter hits. I'll be making a post on how we update and winterize the coup. How we turn over the gardens and prepare for the first raised beds next year. We've got to figure out how to prune our fruit and nut trees (and look into relocating a couple of them). I think Karen will be taking care of the berry patches and getting them ready for winter. I'm also planning on starting an asparagus bed, so if anyone knows of a good source for some started asparagus please let me know.

Thanks again for checking in and please feel free to stop by Lil Acre Farm to visit us and the Ladies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment